Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bible verse of the day 16


Today I want to look at a few verses from Genesis 22:1/12:” 1 Some time later God tested Abraham. 12 Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.“

In order to understand better the context of these sentences I would encourage you to read the whole 22 chapter of the book. God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son. In these times this would sound absolutely crazy. Nobody of us could do it. Yet, God had a plan in His mind and just wanted to test Abraham’s obedience. There are times when we expect something from God and there are times when He tests us and expects something from us. 

God wants to have healthy relationship with us – people. He is omnipotent, omniscient, immutable and present everywhere at the same time. However, He has put a part of Himself into us and wants to fellowship with us. He shares very precious things with us and He expects something back. He gave the best of what He had – His only Son Jesus Christ. What will you give Him? I am giving this question for myself too. Have a nice day!

You are at: Bible verse of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment