Thursday, May 17, 2012

107 top Bible verses on love

Love is probably the most famous topic in the world today. Everybody needs it. But do we really understand what it is? Let us turn to the Word of God and see 107 top Bible verses on love. There are a lot more. I just decided to pick out that many. I hope you will be blessed and see the subject in a different light.


1. Genesis 29:20
"So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her"
.
2. Exodus 15:13
„In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling.“

3. Exodus 20:6
„...but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.“

4. Exodus 34:6
„And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness...“

5. Leviticus 19:18
“‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.“

6. Deuteronomy 6:5
Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.“

7. Deuteronomy 7:12
„If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the LORD your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your ancestors.“

8. Deuteronomy 30:6
„The LORD your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live.“

9.1 Chronicles 16:34
„Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.“

10. 2 Chronicles 2:11
„Hiram king of Tyre replied by letter to Solomon: “Because the LORD loves his people, he has made you their king.”

11. Job 15:34
„For the company of the godless will be barren, and fire will consume the tents of those who love bribes.“

12. Psalm 11:7
„For the LORD is righteous, he loves justice; the upright will see his face.“

13. Psalm 13:5
„But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.“

19. Psalm 18:50
„He gives his king great victories; he shows unfailing love to his anointed, to David and to his descendants forever.“

20. Psalm 23:6
„Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.“

21. Psalm 25:7
„Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you, LORD, are good.“

22. Psalm 31:21
„Praise be to the LORD, for he showed me the wonders of his love when I was in a city under siege.“

23. Psalm 32:10
„Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD’s unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him.“

24. Psalm 36:5
„Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.“

25. Psalm 37:28
„For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. Wrongdoers will be completely destroyed ; the offspring of the wicked will perish.“

26. Psalm 45:7
„You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.“

27. Psalm 48:9
„Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.“

28. Psalm 57:3
„He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me— God sends forth his love and his faithfulness.“

29. Psalm 59:16
„But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.“

30. Psalm 63:3
„Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.“

31. Psalm 86:5
„You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you.“

32. Psalm 88:11
„Is your love declared in the grave, your faithfulness in Destruction ?“

33. Psalm 89:14
„Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; love and faithfulness go before you.“

34. Psalm 90:14
„Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.“

35. Psalm 100:5
„For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.“

36. Psalm 103:4
„...who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion...“

37. Psalm 103:8
„The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.“

38. Psalm 103:11
„For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him...“

39. Psalm 103:17
„But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children...“

40. Psalm 106:45
„...for their sake he remembered his covenant and out of his great love he relented.“

41. Psalm 108:4
„For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.“

42. Psalm 109:17
„He loved to pronounce a curse— may it come back on him. He found no pleasure in blessing— may it be far from him.“

43. Psalm 119:48
„I reach out for your commands, which I love, that I may meditate on your decrees.“

44. Psalm 119:113
„I hate double-minded people, but I love your law.“

45. Psalm 119:127
„Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold...“

46. Psalm 127:2
„In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat— for he grants sleep to those he loves.“

47. Psalm 145:8
„The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.“

48. Proverbs 1:22
“How long will you who are simple love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge?“

49. Proverbs 3:3
„Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.“

50. Proverbs 5:19
„A loving doe, a graceful deer— may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love.“

51. Proverbs 8:36
„But those who fail to find me harm themselves; all who hate me love death.”

52. Proverbs 10:12
„Hatred stirs up conflict, but love covers over all wrongs.“

53. Proverbs 12:1
„Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but whoever hates correction is stupid.“

54. Proverbs 15:17
„Better a small serving of vegetables with love than a fattened calf with hatred.“

55. Proverbs 16:6
„Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD evil is avoided.“

56. Proverbs 17:9
„Whoever would foster love covers over an offense, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.“

57. Proverbs 17:17
„A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a time of adversity.“

58. Proverbs 17:19
„Whoever loves a quarrel loves sin; whoever builds a high gate invites destruction.“

59. Proverbs 19:22
„What a person desires is unfailing love ; better to be poor than a liar.“

60. Proverbs 20:13
„Do not love sleep or you will grow poor; stay awake and you will have food to spare.“

61. Proverbs 20:28
Love and faithfulness keep a king safe; through love his throne is made secure.“

62. Proverbs 21:17
„Whoever loves pleasure will become poor; whoever loves wine and olive oil will never be rich.“

63. Proverbs 27:5
„Better is open rebuke than hidden love.“

64. Ecclesiastes 3:8
„There is a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.“

65. Ecclesiastes 5:10
„Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.“

66. Ecclesiastes 9:9
„Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun—all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun.“

67. Song of Songs 1:2
„She Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth— for your love is more delightful than wine.“

68. Song of Songs 2:4
„Let him lead me to the banquet hall, and let his banner over me be love.“

69. Song of Songs 2:5
„Strengthen me with raisins, refresh me with apples, for I am faint with love.“

70. Isaiah 16:5
„In love a throne will be established; in faithfulness a man will sit on it— one from the house of David— one who in judging seeks justice and speeds the cause of righteousness.“

71. Jeremiah 2:25
„Do not run until your feet are bare and your throat is dry. But you said, ‘It’s no use! I love foreign gods, and I must go after them.“

72. Jeremiah 31:3
„The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.“

73. Daniel 9:4
„I prayed to the LORD my God and confessed: “Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments...“

74. Hosea 11:4
„I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them.“

75. Matthew 5:44
„But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you...“

76. Matthew 5:46
„If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?“

77. Matthew 6:24
“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.“

78. Matthew 10:37
“Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.“

79. Matthew 24:12
„Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold...“

80. Luke 16:14
„The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.“

81. John 3:16
„For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.“

82. John 3:19
„This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.“

83. John 12:25
„Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.“

84. John 12:43
„...for they loved human praise more than praise from God.“

85. John 13:34
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.“

86. John 13:35
„By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

87. John 14:21
„Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

88. John 15:13
„Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.“

89. John 21:17
The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?” Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.” Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.“

90. Romans 5:5
„And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.“

91. Romans 8:35
„Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?“

92. Romans 8:37
„No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.“

93. Romans 13:8
„Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.“

94. Romans 13:10
Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.“

95. 1 Corinthians 8:1
„Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that “We all possess knowledge.” But knowledge puffs up while love builds up.“

96. 1 Corinthians 13:1
„If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.“

97. Galatians 5:6
„For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.“

98. Ephesians 5:25
„Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her...“

99. 1 Thessalonians 4:9
„Now about your love for one another we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other.“

100. 1 Thessalonians 5:8
„But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.“

101. Hebrews 13:5
„Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

102. 1 Peter 4:8
„Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.“

103. 1 John 3:17
„If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?“

104. 1 John 3:18
„Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.“

105. 1 John 4:8
„Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.“

107. 1 John 4:18
„There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.“

No comments:

Post a Comment