Saturday, May 19, 2012

38 selected Bible verses about fear of God, man, death and failure


I want to look at what Bible says about different kinds of fears today. It will, of course, cover both positive and negative aspects of the topic. I hope you will be able to see when this feeling is good and when it is definitely bad. God bless you.

1. Exodus 20:20
Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.”

2. Leviticus 25:17
„Do not take advantage of each other, but fear your God. I am the LORD your God.“

3. Deuteronomy 6:24
„The LORD commanded us to obey all these decrees and to fear the LORD our God, so that we might always prosper and be kept alive, as is the case today.“

4. Deuteronomy 10:12
„And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul...“

5. Deuteronomy 31:12
„Assemble the people—men, women and children, and the foreigners residing in your towns—so they can listen and learn to fear the LORD your God and follow carefully all the words of this law.“

6. Joshua 2:24
„They said to Joshua, “The LORD has surely given the whole land into our hands; all the people are melting in fear because of us.”

7. Judges 7:3
„Now announce to the army, ‘Anyone who trembles with fear may turn back and leave Mount Gilead.’” So twenty-two thousand men left, while ten thousand remained.“

8. 1 Chronicles 16:25
„For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods.“

9. 2 Chronicles 17:10
„The fear of the LORD fell on all the kingdoms of the lands surrounding Judah, so that they did not go to war against Jehoshaphat.“

10. Ezra 3:3
„Despite their fear of the peoples around them, they built the altar on its foundation and sacrificed burnt offerings on it to the LORD, both the morning and evening sacrifices.“

11. Job 1:8
„Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”

12. Job 3:25
„What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded has happened to me.“

13. Psalm 3:6
„I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.“

14. Psalm 23:4
„Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.“

15. Psalm 27:1
„The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?“

16. Psalm 34:4
„I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.“

17. Psalm 34:9
Fear the LORD, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing.“

18.Psalm 85:9
„Surely his salvation is near those who fear him, that his glory may dwell in our land.“

19. Psalm 112:7
„They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.“

20.Proverbs 1:7
„The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.“

21.Proverbs 8:13
„To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.“

22. Proverbs 10:27
„The fear of the LORD adds length to life, but the years of the wicked are cut short.“

23. Proverbs 29:25
Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.“

24. Isaiah 8:12
“Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.“

25. Isaiah 35:4
„...say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.”

26. Isaiah 54:14
„In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you.“

27. Jeremiah 10:5
„Like a scarecrow in a cucumber field, their idols cannot speak; they must be carried because they cannot walk. Do not fear them; they can do no harm nor can they do any good.”

28. Zephaniah 3:15
„The LORD has taken away your punishment, he has turned back your enemy. The LORD, the King of Israel, is with you; never again will you fear any harm.“

29. Luke 12:5
„But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.“

30. John 3:20
„Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.“

31. John 7:13
„But no one would say anything publicly about him for fear of the leaders.“

32. John 12:42
„Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue...“

33. Romans 13:3
„For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended.“

34. 2 Corinthians 7:5
„For when we came into Macedonia, we had no rest, but we were harassed at every turn—conflicts on the outside, fears within.“

35. Ephesians 6:19
„Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel...“

36. Hebrews 2:15
„...and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.“

37. Hebrews 11:7
„By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.“

38. 1 Peter 3:14
„But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats ; do not be frightened.”



No comments:

Post a Comment