Thursday, April 2, 2020

God does not change

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" James 1:17.

Have you changed throughout your life? I bet you have. I have. I think differently than I used to when I was a kid, a teenager, or in my twenties. My experiences changed. I believe I got smarter. It is natural for people to change. On the other hand, there is one who doesn't change. That is God. He has always been perfect, loving, giving, full of joy. And He will always remain who He has been from eternity to eternity. 

He was a good God when He created the earth, He is a good God now, and He will be a good God in the future. Any character feature He had yesterday, He has today, and will have forever. This is good for us, because we can trust a God like that. He is a reliable personality. We have all the reason to believe that He hasn't lied to us in the Bible. The fact that He does not change is the most solid foundation to base our faith on. Let's trust Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment