Wednesday, April 8, 2020

God wants to be your God

"Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God" Exodus 3:6

God is the God of the living. He is the God of the generation that lives at a specific period of time. He is a God of an individual that agrees to have a fellowship with God. He revealed Himself to Abraham, and Abraham became a friend of God. When he died, God revealed Himself to Isaac and became His God. Later He became Jacobs' God, and in the verse we see Him introducing Himself to Moses. And God becomes the God of Moses. Generations change but God always lives in the eternal now. He wants to be a God of this generation. More importantly, He wants to be your God now. 

Do we see this? It's the same God, but what a privilege to have a relationship with the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Moses! He comes today to us, to you, to me, and wants to know whether we want Him to be our God. It's not that He feels somehow unhappy or something. No, He wants to have relationship with us. And He wants to know whether we want to have a relationship with Him. It's privilege for us to have a live connection with our Maker. Are you going to accept the greatest opportunity to have a fellowship with an eternal God? Do you want Him to call Himself your God? I do. I hope you too. This is an opportunity for everyone who accepts Jesus and makes Him their Lord and Savior. Some did that years ago, but a relationship is not a status quo. It can be broken, neglected, forgotten. If that happened to you, renew it today by praying to Him, coming back to reading of His word daily, and let the relationship be rebuilt. 

And if you have never know Him before, just pray a simple prayer that will introduce you to Him. Simply repeat: "Jesus, I have lived without you. I know I am a sinner, and I cannot save myself. I do not want to live without you anymore. Please forgive my sins and accept me into your kingdom. Be my God. I believe that you died for my sins. I believe that I am forgiven. Come into my life and change me. Give me your Holy Spirit. I thank you that you hear this prayer, and you forgive my sins. Thank you". Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment