Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bible verse of the day 20


Let us look at Genesis 28:20-21:” Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear 21 so that I return safely to my father’s household, then the Lord  will be my God.“

Although I did not take half the passage from the chapter that gives the full context to the above mentioned sentences I believe you will read it yourselves. God gave promise to bless Jacob. He showed initiative to bless the one who had deceived his brother. This shows mercy of God and states the fact that all good things come from Him. We merely accept them. 

And only then we make our steps towards God. This is how it happens! God always shows initiative to draw us closer to Him. We allow Him to do that or disobey. Let us be smart enough to obey and receive His blessings!


You are at: Bible verse of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment