Monday, July 16, 2012

18 encouraging Bible verses about joy


Love, peace and joy are probably the most desirable things in the world. We search for those, think about them and even pay money to get them. However, the Bible has some good news for us all and that is joy and the other two are for free. Anyone can have them. Jesus paid the price for us to experience eternal love of God, peace of mind and real joy of the heart. I have selected 18 encouraging Bible verses about joy for you to think about and find out about the true joy that God gives us. God bless you with endless joy daily. 

1. Nehemiah 8:10
„Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”

2. Job 20:5
„...that the mirth of the wicked is brief, the joy of the godless lasts but a moment.“

3. Psalm 5:11
„But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.“

4. Psalm 16:11
„You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.“

5. Psalm 19:8
„The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.“

6. Psalm 30:11
„You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy...“
7. Psalm 43:4

„Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God.“

8. Psalm 45:7
„You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.“

9. Psalm 126:5
„Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.“

10. Proverbs 12:20
„Deceit is in the hearts of those who plot evil, but those who promote peace have joy.“

11. Isaiah 56:7
„...these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations.”

12. Isaiah 61:3
„...and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.“

13. Luke 2:10
„But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.“

14. John 15:11
„I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.“

15. John 16:22
„So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.“

16. John 16:24
„Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.“

17. Romans 14:17
„For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit...“

18. 2 Corinthians 8:2
„In the midst of a very severe trial, their overflowing joy and their extreme poverty welled up in rich generosity.“

Hope you were encouraged by these Bible verses.

See also:

No comments:

Post a Comment