Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bible verse of the day 8


Hi, today I want to continue talking about Abram and this time let us briefly look at Genesis 14:22-23:” 22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “With raised hand I have sworn an oath to the LORD, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth, 23 that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the strap of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, ‘I made Abram rich. (NIV)’

Yesterday I mentioned that Abram was motivated by God and he did not follow the desires of his eyes like Lot did. In these two sentences we see that Abram fully trusted God for financial provision. He refused to take what rightfully belonged to him as a conqueror. He defeated those 4 kings and he could take all the spoil. And the king of Sodom freely gave it to him. Abram would not take it. Why? Because, God Almighty was His provider. 

This kind of trust in God won Abram the title of the father of all believers. Let us be like him. God bless you in putting your trust in God.

See my previous post:

You are at: Bible verse of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment